Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Caption it!


I was shocked when I browsed the artwork lining the hallway outside Ian's kindergarten classroom. Some of the faces these kids had drawn, in my opinion, were elaborate: eyes had eyeballs inside and eyelashes, too. People weren't just sticks and some even had clothing!

Well.

Ian's people drawings may be a bit primitive compared to some in his class. But this kid's drawings are OOZING with substance, action, personality, and come with elaborate technical explanations. There is always something HAPPENING in his artwork, and you can bet it's a whopping story.

So tell me, what do you think was his story in this picture? And yes, there is a correct answer.

Between you and me, I'll be a little sad when those deliriously happy faces with hollowed out eyeballs disappear someday from his art.

3 comments:

  1. Davin just recently stopped drawing himself as an African American with Edward Scissor Hands-like fingers.

    I miss them already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote something to do with Star Wars. At least I know that is what Aven would say if that were his drawing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super Ian always picks super heroes. :-)

    ReplyDelete