Saturday, March 28, 2009

Local Favorite



Recently my friend, Mollie Jessen, told me about a small fabric/crafty store in Springfield called She's Crafty. On my first visit, I was delighted and impressed to find the owner's three young children there with her. It's always inspiring to me to see women balancing motherhood and other aspects of life. This woman is a supermom! I've even seen her cut fabric while holding her youngest. Amazing.

Even more amazing is Anna remembered me when I returned for my second visit. I felt right at home as she asked me what I was working on and showed me her latest finished project. Anna keeps Amy Butler, Alexander Henry, Heather Ross, and other great fabrics in her shop, as well as a wide range of yarns and other crafty things. The place is a gem--visit it on Cherry Street between Glenstone and National.

I finished the baby boy quilt last night for my sweet friend Amy Brake. Most of the fabrics in this quilt and the baby girl quilt pictured yesterday came from She's Crafty. Thanks, Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment