Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Most Moms


Most moms wouldn't call themselves a "Super-Mega-Poop-Head" to their children.
Most.
But I'm not most moms.

And sometimes, I truly can be a
Super.
MEGA.
POOP.
Head.

I'm not afraid to admit this.

When I've wronged my kids, been in a mood, just been flat grumpy all day, I tell them so, and I ask their forgiveness. And I use terms they can understand. Trust me, a 4 year old boy understands Super-Mega-Poop-Head.

Today was one of those days.

I took Ian's hands in mine and asked if he would pray with me to ask God to help me stop being a Super-Mega-Poop-Head. Because on days like this, only God can derail that mama train.

Ian said yes. And it went something like this:

"Dear God. Please help mama stop being a Super-Mega-Poop-Head. Amen."


And he laughed. (Ian, not God)
And I laughed.
And you know what?

It worked.
God answers prayers.

What do you do when you have one of those days?

8 comments:

  1. Exercise...jump on my beach cruiser, one of the kids' scooters, trampoline...anything that will move. ANd if all else fails, I high-tail it to Starbucks!

    Love your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should mention that . . . I did "hightail it to Starbucks" on my way home today . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I have to be honest here? Oh dear. Well I had one of those days on Monday. I ate 4 chocolate donuts. I said a prayer. Then I ate a chocolate cupcake. More praying. Then I ate some cherry Hershey kisses. Then I felt much better, except for my tummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I came to reply to your post about my Starbucks ordeal and here you are making me laugh even harder than your comment on the Starbucks ordeal!!

    You're funny, I love your humor! And it's okay to be a poopie head. I am often a poopie head and often ask for forgiveness too...

    Thankfully our kids are forgiving cause sometimes we say and do really stupid things. Things that make you wonder if they will be 25 sitting in a bible study talking about the very time you were a poopie head....

    But they love you, and so does our wonderful creator! Even on "those" poopie days...

    E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. can i say that you are an inspiration in your crafting and mothering....how sweet is that? kids are so forgiving...i too am a super mega poop head....did i say that right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Rebekah! This is totally cracking me up! And the comments also! I hope you don't mind if I borrow this post and link it to my blog. From time to time, I love for my readers to be blessed by reads that I've appreciated so much. This is certainly one of them. Blessings, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing! Kids love honesty... thanks for sharing! :-) You're a GREAT mommy!

    ReplyDelete