Saturday, December 19, 2009

Happy Mail, Happy Deliveries

A wonderful email arrived in my inbox this week, straight from the publishers of the new Craft Hope book. I have the privilege of being one of 26 designers whose projects will be featured in the book. The first paragraph of the email was my favorite:

"Greetings, wonderful Craft Hope designers. I'm Jade's editor. Our book (YOUR book, too!) is coming along nicely. The art department is starting to lay it out, and the initial peeks I've been allowed are exciting. It's going to be a beautiful book, and we're anticipating that it will be one of our biggest books for next fall (it should be in stores in August). I've been in publishing for almost 30 years, and this is by far my favorite book. Whether oooh-ing and aaah-ing over your beautiful projects, working with the amazing and inspiring Jade, or talking to the various nonprofits about the work they do, it's been a really joyful and meaningful process."

What an honor. Someone pinch me, please!

On to day 17 . . .
Who doesn't love Target's dollar spot? It just makes me happy (as does the rest of that store).

Last night while Christmas shopping at 11 p.m. (I know, crazy) I flipped to find these precious little felt bags, right there at the dollar spot. Yep. Loaded up a few things right there to use as Christmas gifts for our neighbor children friends.

Also, the dry ingredients from our favorite hot cocoa recipe fit perfectly in a half pint jar. Squeeze as many green and red holiday shaped marshmallows on the top as you can, add the directions and a ribbon, and you have a quick gift.

Who doesn't love special Christmas deliveries from the neighbors?! Sweet Nathan headed out in 24 degree weather this morning to deliver the goods. That's my guy.

3 comments:

  1. The felt pails are simply precious. It always suprises me that they're only $1.

    Do you shop Michaels' $1 bins? Often, they're much better than Target! Love them.

    Congrats on the opportunity to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!! I too love the dollar bins, I can find great things for my daughters treasure box for her classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWza....This is major... well deserved my friend. Can't wait to buy my copy...would you Autograph it for me?

    ReplyDelete