Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meeting Santa

I love it when a photo absolutely cracks me up. This picture is sooo my kids:

Ian trying to be the perfect kiddo although very uncomfortable on this stranger's lap, Lilly refusing to smile for the camera--her I don't care what you think,
I hate this--
body language.

But, when I said, "Ian, tell Santa what you want for Christmas," Lilly came alive. I couldn't hear what she was saying, only a lot of "princess" this and "princess" that. I swear I heard "princess" ten times in five seconds.

Ian's list was well rehearsed: dragon castle and Optimus Prime and Bumblebee Transformer costumes.
Shhh . . . don't tell Ian, but Santa's already got those things "in the bag," so to speak.

Bass Pro's Winter Wonderland set-up is pretty darn cool. Beautiful.

And after the much-hyped Santa trip, we enjoyed a late dinner at McAlister's with lots of giggles and Ian and Lilly making us laugh so hard--I wish that dinner could have lasted half of forever.

Jingle Bell Rock, Lilly's favorite Christmas song, came on the radio on the drive home. We didn't even mind when we were stopped by a train crossing. Starbucks' Peppermint Mochas (mom and dad) and candy canes in hand (Ian and Lilly via Santa), we were having a moment.

Don't you love those nights when all the world just seems right?

Me too. Wishing you many such moments this season.

3 comments:

  1. that is such a funny pic! i have one of my littlest giving me and santa a dirty look from last year. laugh every time i look at it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might I comment that Little Miss is looking exceptionally fashion forward in her ensemble ;)
    Terribly cute, those kiddos of yours!

    ReplyDelete