Friday, May 14, 2010
continues to help
For this project, Craft Hope partnered with the Liberia Orphan Education Project to provide educational beanbags (alphabet, number and shape sets) for these children:
To make the beanbags (I think they would be excellent birthday gifts, too):
1. Cut 52 4"X4" inch squares from felt or fleece. I did half of my squares green, half red, alternating colors with every other letter.
2. Invite an incredibly artsy
over to draw and cut out 26 letters. This is my pal, Lara. Thanks for your help, Lara! (Didn't she do well?)
3. Sew each letter to a square.
4. Place the square on top of another the same color and sew around 3 sides.
Here, you see Lara
!!! She did great!
5. Fill with 1/3 c. beans, popcorn kernels, etc.
6. Sew remaining side closed.
Variations: shapes, numbers, animals--embellish away!
From Lara and Rebekah, to Liberia with love--we hope these bring a
to the faces of some special kiddos in West Africa.
Happy weekend, everyone.