Friday, July 10, 2009

Mrs. Nesbitt

This is what happens when Ian is away at t-ball practice. I couldn't help but think of that part in Toy Story where Buzz says, "Don't you GET IT?!! I am MRS. NESBITT!!" I'm just impressed Lilly was feeding him a balanced meal: chicken and two vegetables!

Go to a happy place, Woody. It will all be over soon . . .

Camera at the ready to photograph Nesbitt and friends, I decided it was a good idea to capture a glimpse of Lilly's room as it is right now, before she gets her "big girl" room. Want to see?

[Okay. Commence tour.]

This may be my favorite item in the room--a few of my great-grandmother's sewing patterns:

Need a place for the china you inherited? Stick it on a wall. This platter belongs with Mamaw's set:

Something I treasure dearly--Mamaw's knitted dishcloth directions, written in her own hand:

Handmade banner from my sweet friend, Lexi. May Lilly have such friends!

Silk curtains sewn by mom and me:

A.MAZ.ING. baby quilt made by my mom for Lilly, full of much Amy Butler deliciousness (mom's corners match perfectly!). By the way, placing a quilt on clipped rings and hanging it on a curtain rod is a beautiful way to decorate a large wall.

Shadowbox collection of sewing supplies that belonged to women on Nathan's side of the family. Names and their matching items are written on the back. (No, this isn't hanging crooked on my wall. Apparently I was in the mood to photograph at angles. Dizzy yet?):

Bedtime bag (thanks for the idea, Amanda Soule!):

Rocker belonged to Nathan's mother (Mum). Can you hear Lilly singing, "Rooock-ing, rooock-ing, Yee-yeeee girrrrl . . . "?

Room documented? Check.
Big girl room, here we come. (gulp)

7 comments:

  1. I love this room :) What a fabulous idea framing sewing patters and a knit dishcloth pattern (I knit my dishrags too!) Great shadow box too. Love the quilt; so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness girl!!!! LOVE all of these photos! Such "yumminess." :) And those vintage patterns! Oh, I need to do that in a craft room someday. LOVE it! And so glad to have you aboard TTS! Welcome, and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The next thing you know, you're suckin' down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette and her little sister..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my dearie! I love that part in Toy Story and the pictures are just like the movie! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new to your blog (thanks to my mother who attends 2nd Baptist) and I have to say that you make me feel like going and making everything in my house prettier! I love all your ideas and things that you put together. I was in a creative shock the first time I looked at your blog! I am very happy that I was told about this and I wanted to let you know that you are very talented!

    Anyway... I have a question. What is a bedtime bag?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the goodness, everyone!! I LOVE blog comments! :)

    SuperJediMom . . . here's a past post about bedtime bags: http://yeebird.blogspot.com/2009/05/mothers-day-twist.html

    Their intended purpose was to make our bedtime routines run smoothly, but the kids just use them all the time to haul a bunch of toys to wherever we're going that day. A fun grab bag of stuff for the van trip! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Rebekah! I love these photos! I want this room!!!!!!!! Beautiful work! Thanks for visiting my bloggy blog! My next craft to tackle will DEFINITELY be sewing.....I feel drawn to it! But I'll have to wait till time allows me another addiction!

    ReplyDelete