Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Little Something


Recently, Nathan has been sprinkling some cloves and cinnamon into our coffee grounds in the basket before he starts the brew. The result? My usual coffee fix + a little something extra--wonderful and holiday-ish, not enough to overpower, just a little spice to make my drink extra special.

Big deal, you say? Not to me.

See, Nathan has spent 8 years adding little somethings to our marriage, and I love him. I love him because, lately, in my world, I've needed some little extras, and he is present, and kind, and dear to me. Did I mention I love him?

So today, add a little spice of kindness to someone's life. Make it a Nathan day.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to make some Nathan coffee in just a minute! What a sweet post about your husband-he sounds like quite the catch! Hope you and your family are doing fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWwwwwww, this is so sweet! He is fortunate to have such an appreciative, loving, and beautiful wife and mother of his children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not tried the cloves, but have been adding cinnamon to my coffee grounds before brewing for a while now. Yummy.

    Glad you have a sweet hubby to make your life so much better, especially right when you need it!! Hope Ian is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I declare this National Nathan Day....


    Now, just how do I go about getting my husband to see your post? hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from KANSAS. haha...saw these cupcakes on another blog but they made me think of you and your Yeebird. :)
    http://smithfamilyof5.blogspot.com/2009/10/whooos-birthday.html

    ReplyDelete