Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dad


Many of you know my dad. And to know him is certainly to love him. Speaking of love, this photo of he and Lil is fabulous. It shows his grandpa-ness --his sweet, soft side. Really, that's the only side he has. If he has any rough, harsh, abrasive edges, I've never seen them. Never.

Dad's the star of my blog today because, in about three weeks, he is set to preach the annual sermon of the national SBC, sure to be one of the greatest honors of his life. The last time a Missouri pastor was selected to preach the annual sermon was in 1918.

Please take time to read this article about dad as the convention pastor. While you're at it, visit his blog -- a delightful treat I enjoy each day.

I'll be there to cheer you on, dad. Go for it. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment