Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day Series (1): Thanks, Dad


Dad,

Thanks for being holy, genuine, tender, trustworthy, and compassionate. Thanks for always being the same man at home as you are at church. Thank you for never saying a bad word about anyone, no matter what they do to you.

Thanks for making me a priority--attending every violin and piano recital, for trips to Sonic after high school, and for visiting me every Tuesday in Fayetteville. Thanks for loving mom and John and me unconditionally, and for expecting kindness in our home.

Thanks for loving my kids with all your heart, for your obsession with them, for your influence on them. Thank you for accepting everyone, especially me, with all my faults.

You are larger than life, but no problem is too small for you to step in and show you care.

Happy Father's Day, dad. I love you.

click on images to enlarge




3 comments:

  1. Ooooohh Father's day stuff! I'll have to gather up some pics of my dad and scrap them this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute. We are so lucky to have dads like these...mine fits most of your descriptions as well. Great Photos, great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that top photo :)
    Your dad is all these wonderful things and more. You & John are blessed to have 2 sweet parents!

    ReplyDelete