Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome, visitor!

I opened my door this morning to water the flowers and this friendly little guy was standing on my front porch. Holy FOX!!! You know me -- I had to run and get my camera immediately!

Before long, he did this:

Goodbye, new friend.

I think his mama was hit by a car. I want to feed him. Mom advised me against, saying he's a wild animal and might eventually eat my small children or something. My neighbor wonders if he'll start eating everyone's cats.

I just hope he stays safe. I like morning surprises.

Now, here's a treat for you. My friend, Amy Brake, gave me this salsa recipe years ago and I have made this stuff about a billion times since. It's got to be the yummiest salsa on the planet, the easiest to prepare, and is the sole reason I planted cilantro in my garden this year. It's great with chips on a grilled burger night, or with chicken fajitas. Here's the recipe:

Amy's Salsa:

Drain
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can chopped/diced tomatoes

Add
1/4 c. Italian dressing (I never measure--just squirt in)
fresh chopped garlic (I cheat and used minced from a jar)
one bunch of cilantro, finely chopped, ends removed
lime juice (again--I don't measure--just squirt away!)
chopped onion (I use less than 1/4 c.)

Serve with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to try that. I renewed by vigor for making a shopping list yesterday so I'll be adding those ingredients to my list for Thursday or Friday's trip...

    ReplyDelete