Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Father's Day Series (2): Nathan


So the kids pretty much struck gold when they got you as a dad, sweets. You're the best human punching bag/jungle gym. EVER. And you're always bringin' the funny. Like tonight, after playing crazy with Ian all evening in his room, you come out, point to a big scratch on your forehead, and say, "Know what that is? That's what happens when a band of pirates led by Jabba the Hut attacks the Bat Cave."

Love that "day 1" daddy picture. We were clueless, weren't we? I remember you got a migraine or something that day at the hospital. I thought you were going to pass out or worse. Then, we brought Ian home and I think it took about 5 minutes before he started crying. Remember?

But it's been a great ride and still is. And I love how you and Ian wrestle like mad and you always get injured, but you can be so extremely gentle with him, too, and so loving with sweet Lilly. You're the whole package, Williams. Happy Dad's Day.

For the rest of you . . .
Here is the link to a fun, super cheap Father's Day gift you can make with your kids. Ian and I made three last year, one for Nathan and one for each grandpa.


Let your child do the painting. Some of the blocks may turn out like this, but that adds to the charm.

5 comments:

  1. So I never really know the protocol on these types of things, so I hope it is ok to comment (seeing how I don’t truly know you). Anyway, I came across your blog after linking through a comment on Liz’s blog (btw- so true what you said in any earlier post about her stick-skinniness) & now you are on my daily list. So, I just wanted to say that I really enjoy your posts, especially the ones about your creative projects. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block idea...I had to make a trip to Hobby Lobby today!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that idea! where did you find the cubes???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jade! I got them at Hobby Lobby last year for less than $3. Great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. going shopping for blocks after seeing that idea. and love the b & w family pic -- was it a baby announcement? beautiful!

    ReplyDelete